ISS has more than 520,000 employees and local operations in over 50 countries across Europe, Asia, North America, Latin America and the Pacific. A key demand driver for ISS is an on-going trend towards outsourcing of non-core functions in a company. Large multinational companies are also increasingly looking for one facilities manager worldwide.
ISS is the world's leading provider of integrated facility services, offering services across six business areas: cleaning services, property services, catering services, support services, security services and facility management.
On March 3 2014, ISS announced its intention to an initial public offering (IPO). Due to strong demand from investors, ISS made an early close of the offering on March 12. The shares began trading on March 13 on the NASDAQ OMX Copenhagen exchange at a price of DKK 160. On September 9 2014, EQT funds and GS PIA placed 31 million shares through an Accelerated Book Building (ABB). As part of the ABB, OTPP decided to sell a smaller part of their holding. On December 3 2014, EQT funds and GS PIA successfully agreed the placing of 25 millions shares in ISS.
On March 13 2015, EQT funds and GS PIA successfully agreed the placing of 36 million shares in ISS, thereby completing the divestment of the company.
Key events during EQT's ownership
Since acquisition ISS has embarked on a clear strategic road to offer multiple integrated services on a global basis. Compared with 2004, which represents the last annual revenue prior to the acquisition, up to 2014 ISS has undergone a substantial development:
- Revenue has nearly doubled from approximately DKK 40 billion to approximately DKK 74 billion
- The number of employees has increased from approximately 274,000 to approximately ~511,000. More than half of the employees are today based in emerging markets
- Emerging markets share of sales has increased from 6% to 24%
- ISS has led the global development of the integrated facility services (IFS) market and IFS share of revenue has increased from 3% to 31%
- Ranked #1 as world’s best outsourcing service provider in 2013 and 2014, by the International Association of Outsourcing Professionals