EQT VI acquired VERTU, the pioneer of luxury mobile phones, in a carve-out transaction from Nokia in Oct 2012.
During EQT VI’s ownership, VERTU has transferred the Company’s operating system from Symbian to Google’s Android, launched a range of new devices that are industry leading both from a design and technology point of view, and made substantial investment in go-to-market approach to step change customer experience. This renewed customer centric strategy has resulted in a successful improvement of VERTU's luxury brand positioning.
In October 2015 EQT VI completed the sale of VERTU to a group of international private investors.
Key events during EQT's ownership
- VERTU’s operating systems was transferred from Symbian to Google’s Android
- VERTU launched a full range of new devices that are industry leading both from a design and technology point of view
- Significant investments were made to VERTU’s go-to-market approach
- Customer experience and engagement was improved with the introduction of new services
- eCommerce platform was launched