EQT VI acquired VERTU, the pioneer of luxury mobile phones, in a carve-out transaction from Nokia in Oct 2012.
Today VERTU is the leading producer of luxury mobile phones and related accessories, which it distributes in over 66 countries through its own retail network, independent distributors as well as its eCommerce platform.
During EQT VI’s ownership, VERTU has transferred the Company’s operating system from Symbian to Google’s Android, launched a range of new devices that are industry leading both from a design and technology point of view, and made substantial investment in go-to-market approach to step change customer experience. This renewed customer centric strategy has resulted in a successful improvement of VERTU's luxury brand positioning.
In October 2015 EQT VI completed the sale of VERTU to a group of international private investors.
Key events during EQT's ownership
- VERTU’s operating systems was transferred from Symbian to Google’s Android
- VERTU launched a full range of new devices that are industry leading both from a design and technology point of view
- Significant investments were made to VERTU’s go-to-market approach
- Customer experience and engagement was improved with the introduction of new services
- eCommerce platform was launched